Navigation Menu

Monday, July 9, 2012

Oriental Chicken Salad

My family has been eating this for years! I remember my mom making it when I was younger. It's easy to make, and tastes great! I am all about simple.

We made this for our friends last week, and got lots of compliments. Okay, the compliments were all from the same person, but who's keeping track? I figured it was reason enough for me to share it with all of you!

oriental chicken salad

First you make the salad:

 ½ cup slivered almonds
 2 tbs. sesame seeds
 1 pkg. ramen noodles, crushed & uncooked (chicken flavored)
 Head of cabbage, shredded (Sometimes I cheat and purchase the already shredded package of cabbage. A purple head of cabbage makes the salad so much prettier!)
 4 green onions, chopped
 1 chopped, cooked chicken breast

Toast the almonds and sesame seeds in oven for 5 minutes. Let cool. (We have burned ours a couple times, and they still taste good.) Toss ingredients together; add chicken.

The Dressing:

 2 tbs. sugar
 ½ cup oil
 3 tbs. vinegar
 ½ tsp. pepper
 1 tbs. salt
 Seasoning packet from ramen noodles.

In a separate bowl, mix together all ingredients of the dressing. You don't want to add the dressing until you are ready to serve the salad.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...