Navigation Menu

Friday, July 20, 2012

Kids Say The Darndest Things

I noticed Gabriel was working especially hard at our morning chores, and I felt like I should give him a little encouragement and thanks.

"You sure are working hard today cleaning up the house!"

His response, "I wanted to know what it would feel like to be appreciated and not useless."

"What? Have I ever told you that you were useless?"

"No. But I don't ever do anything, so I am pretty much useless. It feels good to be appreciated."

How right he is... about it feeling good to be appreciated!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As we were leaving for church one morning, I noticed Gabriel had his shorts on backwards. I discretely pulled him aside, and told him he may want to visit our bathroom before we leave to fix the problem.

To which he replied, "Mom, we're going to church," As if that was supposed to answer the problem.

"The church doesn't look at the outward appearance, so I'll be fine. Nobody will laugh at me there."

If only that were always true...

“Don’t judge by his appearance or height, for I have rejected him. The Lord doesn’t see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
1 Samuel 16:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...