Navigation Menu

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Kids Think the Darndest Things

Right now my boys are obsessed with the Home Alone movies. They love to see the traps set and the bad guys walk into them.


As we were watching the movie Gabe asked me, "I wonder what Kevin really looks like?"

I was a little confused. "What do you mean? He looks just like that."

"No. I mean the guy who plays him. I wonder what he really looks like?"

"You mean now that he's an adult?"

A shocked Gabriel, "What? You mean he was really just a kid in the movie?"

After much debate back and forth, it came to my attention that Gabriel has never understood that children could have a job as actors and actresses. Whenever he saw a kid in a movie, he thought there was a grownup inside pretending to be little.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lately I’ve been noticing that Zechariah says a lot of words incorrectly and I’ve been trying to teach the correct pronunciation. I don’t know if he’s having trouble hearing it, or if he just got so used to saying the words in a babyish way that he doesn’t realize it’s incorrect.

One that we have a constant struggle with is “computer”. He calls it the “pooter”. This is very difficult for him. I normally take it very slowly, and make him repeat every syllable. “It’s com-pU-ter.” With help, I can get him to say “com-pooter.” He still has difficulty with the U in computer.

This morning I was awoken by a very early riser. Zechariah has been getting up with his father, and he was ready to play. “Mommy, can I play on the com-laptop?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...