Navigation Menu

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Walking With Jesus

It's hard to believe it was only a week ago that I stepped out in faith and decided from now on I would continually ask myself, "What Would Jesus Do?" It seems to me there are hundreds of things He would do differently if He walked around in my shoes. I'm taking it one step at a time.

This week I wanted to share something in regards to Gabriel.

He has been on a mission to singlehandedly clean up the earth and free it from pollution. I, the caring mother that I am, have been a bit skeptical. In fact, there have been a few times, I've been rather angry over this new endeavor.

Everywhere we go; there is some kind of trash on the ground. It never fails. People litter.

It wasn't until Gabe's fourth or fifth time of picking up the trash that it finally hit home with me. He really has the right idea. Do you think Jesus would walk by the trash and comment to Himself about how disgusting people can be? Or do you think He would simply walk over, pick it up, and throw it away?

Here's what I think. I believe He would cover His children and family in lots of healthy prayers, carry a big bottle of antibacterial gel, and try to make the world a better place; a trash free place.


Sometimes this is no easy thing. It has actually involved Gabriel carrying other people's trash home in my car! Eww Gross!!! But I know that it's the right thing to do, and I'm proud of my son for opening my eyes. I can no longer walk by without doing something about it. It may seem small to you, but I believe when we obey God, it's huge to Him.

A funny side note, when Gabe does find trash on the ground, he will immediately start gagging and choking. He always explains it the same way when I ask what the matter is, "Can't you feel that pollution? It's making the air so hard to breathe!"

What would Jesus be doing if He walked around in your shoes this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...