Navigation Menu

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Larger than Life

It's the time of year for parent-teacher conferences. I have a love-hate relationship with these. While I love to hear the good things about my children, I'm not especially fond of hearing the negative. I know it's good to know everything that goes on, but I often worry my kids will be misunderstood. Especially, Gabriel.

He has a wonderfully creative young mind, however; that creative mind likes to wander a lot when it's time to focus on a task at hand.

The first conference of the year is always the hardest for me. I find out if my child got an understanding teacher, or I find out if the teacher has expectations that are impossible for my son to meet.

I am very happy to report once again my child got the teacher who gets him. She expects a lot out of him because she knows he can do it. But she won't be putting him in a box exactly the same shape as every other kid in class.


With a kid who is larger than life, this is an answer to prayer. God has blessed my family abundantly even down to the teachers who are hand-picked by Him. I love it!


The teacher also wants to have Gabe tested for gifted. She figured with a kid that is so creative the extra enriching activities would be good for him. I would have to agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...