Navigation Menu

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest Things

This afternoon, Zech and I made a trip to Lifeway to pick up the brand new VeggieTales movie, Robin Good. Today was the first day you could buy it.

As we walked in the door, I asked Zech, "Do you want to just get the movie, or shop around for awhile."

"I want to buy the movie and look around."

Zech loves to play in the kid section with the Princess SweetPea Beauty castle. It may be pink and purple, but it's still a castle. Sometimes he will request for fun to go inside Lifeway and browse the toys. It's a cheap date for me!

As we made our way to the back where the toys are located Zechariah recognized a song playing on the loud speaker. "Hey! We have that song, Mommy!"

I was impressed.

"It's on our Air-1."

Now I was really impressed. I didn't know he paid enough attention to the radio station we listen to.

After we spent a few minutes playing with the pretty pink princess castle, I talked Zech into picking up our movie. We had the preorder receipt ready, and we were on our way to the counter. He asked if he could carry it, and I didn't object.

Right by the front door there was a big display full of the new movie. I had already explained we would have to wait in line and they would hand us our copy. We didn't need to get it ourselves.


Zech got this grin on his face and slowly whispered to me, "How about we sneak buy it?"

I could tell where this was going. "How do we 'sneak buy' it?"

"We grab that movie and then we run out the door fast!!"

I tried not to laugh at him and responded, "Ohh. That would be stealing it."

"Okay. How about we steal it?" He said with an ornery smile, yelling it loudly this time for all to hear. "I don't want to wait in line."

Talk about embarrassing!! I was not trying to correct his vocabulary. I thought if I said it was stealing he would be discouraged. That was not the case at all. He seemed to think that it sounded even more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...