Navigation Menu

Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts."
-Washington Irving

What makes a great Mom?

M ) Modeling
She serves as an example in life.
1 Corinthians 11:1 "Follow me as I follow Christ"

O ) Openness
She is willing to be open rather than withdrawing.
Openness is an expression of faith, while being closed is an expression of fear.

M ) eMotional Maturity
No one is ever all grown up! It's a process.
"the best moms are the ones who can reign in their own emotional impulses and consider what will truly help their children grow and move forward in life."
Matthew 5:16 "Live your life in such a way that people can see how you live and be impressed by what God has done for you."

"The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness." -Honoré De Balzac


I was raised by a mother who was and is an excellent example of these things. She has always been my friend, and my encourager. She is my biggest fan. I know that she will always set an example that I can be proud to follow. In a very large part, it is because of what she has done for me that I have grown into the woman I am today. I am blessed because of her.


"We never know the love of the parent until we become parents ourselves." -Henry Ward Beecher

I am so thankful to God for allowing me to raise my three beautiful children. They are each a gift to me in all different ways. My life has been filled with purpose. I am convinced that God made me to be a mother, and I have experienced immense satisfaction in fulfilling that calling.

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise."
Proverbs 31:30-31

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...