Navigation Menu

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

As a friend was leaving my home yesterday, she thanked me for the fun time, and then proceeded to say, "Bye, Amanda. Bye, Zechy," and she was out the door.

Zechariah was sitting close by and seemed very amused. "She not know your name," he laughed.

"What do you mean? What did she say?"

"She not know your name is Mommy."

You can imagine his surprise at finding my name really wasn't Mommy to her, but actually Amanda. He was even more shocked to find out all this time his dad was actually called, Titus. He contemplated it quietly for a bit, and then informed me, "No. I call you Mommy and Daddy, not Manna and Titus."

I'm so glad he felt that way. After all, he is only one of three people who are entitled to use that name for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...