Navigation Menu

Monday, March 12, 2018

Meet Samantha: An American Girl

Meet Samantha, another one of my favorite American girls! All four of the original girls are a favorite with me. I read Kirsten, Samantha, Molly, and Felicity's books cover to cover repeatedly. These girls represent a magical time in my life. I was transported to different places and times with just the turning of a page.

I love that American Girl has released each historical character's set of 6 books into one convenient hardback book. I don't know if they still have the books in print, but I do know you can find them inexpensively on Amazon and Ebay if you don't mind used books. This makes it much easier to collect them all. In the past two months, I have been able to purchase them all! I feel like a kid again, excited to read my favorite stories.

These past few weeks, I worked really hard turning Samantha into a fun coloring page. This was no easy feat. I invested hours and hours working on the coloring sheet. I think the hard work has paid off and it is worth it to see this beautiful picture ready to color. In the future, as I read more of the story collections, I will be turning each girl into a coloring sheet. You can check back later for more pages!

free American girl coloring pages Samantha Parkington
To tell you a little about Samantha, I copied these words from American Girl Wiki which tells you a little about her story...

Samantha is an orphan living in the early twentieth century. At the start of the series, she is living with her old-fashioned wealthy Grandma. Samantha only remembers her parents a little bit. Samantha is curious and asks a lot of questions. She is very interested in her parents and their lives, as they died in a boating accident when she was five years old and is compared in looks to her mother. She has a rough side such as climbing trees and feels it is very hard to be a young lady. Samantha is rather bold and mischievous and playful, generally going places she should not, sneaking off, and even standing up to her mocking neighbor, Eddie. Samantha is beguiling and bursting with ideas, and is very imaginative.
If case you haven't seen the books I was talking about, you can buy Samantha's Story Collection on Amazon. This is such a great deal to get all 6 of Samantha's beloved books in one convenient hardback book!
Samantha's story collection book

Who is your favorite American Girl?

Interested in some more American Girl coloring pages?

Felicity         Kirsten          Kit          Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...