Navigation Menu

Friday, September 14, 2012

Wisdom From Gabriel

Yesterday I had a trying afternoon to say the least. One of my children was being punished because they fragrantly refused to cooperate with me. I had to explain to Gabriel that I wouldn't be able to make it to his soccer game that night. I was going to need to carry out the sentencing of his sibling.

sin hurts other people

He was crushed by this, and I felt horrible. I told him if I could go I would be there. I hated disappointing him.

He responded with a very grownup attitude. I thought I was going to hear a lot of words about how unfair it was. Instead, I was touched by the wisdom of his words.

"I guess when we sin it can really hurt other people too, not just ourselves."

How true that is! Our sin can be very painful for those around us. If only we could step outside ourselves to see how our choices are affecting others.

It was very comforting to see a heartfelt apology issued to Gabe when he arrived home from his game. A lesson was learned here... (His team won! I'm sad I missed it!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! Do you have an email I can reach you at? I'd like to ask you about featuring your quiet book on my blog, quietbookblog.blogspot.com. Or you can email me at jocelynsunshineblog (at) gmail.com. Thanks! :)

    - Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...