Navigation Menu

Friday, June 9, 2017

Do Not Worry...

Yesterday my daughter came across a bird nest in a bush we were cutting down. It killed her to destroy the birds home, so she left it completely intact, and didn't touch the nest at all. She did however cut around it. I believe the rest of the bush was protecting this nest, and sadly this morning the egg was missing. I'm certain a predator must have come and removed the egg. This broke my daughter's heart. We had no idea the cleaning up of our yard would hurt the life of an innocent baby bird.

Do not worry about everyday life... you count far more to Him than birds. Matthew 6:25-26

Just like our hearts broke for this new life that didn't get a chance, God's heart breaks when we go through trouble. He cares so much for all His creation, even the smallest baby bird, or the biggest adult woman. 

I needed this reminder today. God says I count far more to Him than the birds.

We are having car trouble. For the past two years we have been casually shopping for a new car. One of our cars is rusting out on the bottom, and a new car will soon be necessary. However, today that car is not the issue. Our family car, we noticed was leaking oil. It doesn't spill onto the ground, but it's going somewhere. 

After a day at the mechanic, they couldn't pinpoint the problem unless we allow them to do further diagnostic work. This would be another $100, and they believe it might be a head gasket issue which would result in another $1800 bill. Not the best news in the world. It looks like we will need to be replacing two cars instead of one. YIKES! Big money there!

I'm not going to stress myself out over it. God has promised to provide for all my needs, including my car needs. He cares for me even more than He cares for the small baby birds. I have nothing to fear. I'm not going to worry about my everyday life... I'm going to place it in God's hands. He's got this, so I can rest easy in His promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...