Navigation Menu

Monday, October 18, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Yesterday we stayed a little late after church because Titus had a band meeting. The kids and I kept busy talking with our friends. When Titus was finally ready to leave, Gabe was trying to help a friend of his find his ball he had lost. I was more than ready to leave and told Gabe the boy's dad was perfectly capable of finding the toy for his son. Gabe seemed very disgusted with me as he said, "Mom, I want to help others." I told him that was nice but we really needed to be leaving. So he says to me, "Do you think I just care about the people in this family? I care about others too!"

I laughed a little and said, "I'm so glad you like to help people, Gabe." So he responds to me by saying, "You know when I sing the song I really mean it." And he started to sing to me, "'I can give because God gave. That is why I'm smiling. ' See, I really mean it when I say I want to give. I don't just sing the words."

He is absolutely right! Gabriel is probably the most giving child I have ever seen, and he always does it with a smile on his face like he's just done the most exciting thing in the world. He sings those words at least once a day as he gives something away. I actually have a hard time getting him to keep the money that he earns, and gifts that he's given. Just last week he earned a dollar from selling one of his "maze books". He bought some candy from the book store at church and immediately gave it ALL to his sister including the quarter that was left over. Two weeks ago he got a dollar from the tooth fairy and tried to give it to at least 3 different people before someone would finally take it from him. You will never catch him being stingy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...