Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Through the Lens

Amazing how quickly the months have gone by! It's time to highlight our life through photos! I wish I had time to blog about every special thing we do, however, it's just not possible. Life is too full to document it all.

I like to keep this really simple. Here's the previous four months:

Life with the Johnson's


Soccer! For two months we lived and breathed it! Gabe had such a good time playing, and spending time with his father we have decided to sign up for both fall and spring seasons. It was recommended by a psychologist to get Gabe involved in as many extra-curricular activities as we can handle. He's working on his social skills and succeeding!



This picture literally had me laughing out loud. I never noticed this the day I took the photo, but check out the guy in the humongous chair! Can you imagine toting that thing around in your car? You would need a truck just to move it.


Ariel has taken up sewing! I'm so pleased with her progress. She's made a couple blankets for her dolls, pillows, purses, and more...



Every little boy needs to have a couple tea parties with his mom. Zech loves to bake bread with me, and then we enjoy it together along with a steaming cup of tea.


In September, we spent a weekend with Titus' grandparents. The kids love this trip! We normally make it to Wichita in July, however this year it was not possible.


Making mud pies in the front yard...



Wichita has a beautiful fountain that the kids enjoy playing in every year. Sometimes the grownups join in. As it was late September when we visited, I didn't get to participate this year. Too cold for me!


This is one of those many times where I don't appear to be at the activities because I'm always behind the camera. Once I hand the camera off, my husband always expects me to perform or something. I just want him to hold onto it for awhile and snap some candid shots... not portraits of me.


Movie night at school!
Gnomeo and Juliet
Isn't it funny there aren't pictures of the kids at the elementary school movie night?



Fall!! Nothing like a good fire!



I love this picture. A father comforting his son...




My very ornery kids.. are trying to steal away the attention from each other.




Can you say big trouble? Zechariah took the opportunity over nap-time to color large portions of his body. Because of the color all over the body, it was also all over the bathroom. The sink, toilet, walls, and floor were all purple.


Zechariah loves to drink hot chocolate for breakfast. He usually will request the "princess Mommy cup."



Happy New Year!


We drank to many things for the New Year. Gabriel wanted to drink to finally going to kids camp this year. Ariel was excited because this will be the year she goes to middle school. Zechariah wants to learn his letters and numbers!


"Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family-- whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one." -Jane Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment