Friday, April 15, 2011

The Topeka Passion Play

This month has been full of activity for my family. Between doctor's appointments for us and our friends, to movie nights, to school field trips, to birthday parties and Easter celebrations, to yard work... I've hardly had time to rest, let alone stop and think too much.

Last night I had another appointment that I had to make it to, and I was dreading it just for the fact that I've had no time to rest lately.

The appointment was with my close friends. We were going to see the Topeka Passion Play at Fairlawn Church of the Nazarene.


WOW! It was exactly what I needed. I was feeling exhausted and worn out from the schedule that I was trying to keep. And then for two hours I had a moment of reflection, and renewal.

God is so amazing! And He has done so much for me. The play was beautifully done from the costumes to the sets to the music. The entire thing was very powerful, and I went away feeling so refreshed and renewed.

Jesus is indescribable.

If you haven't made plans to see this play, I would highly recommend it to you! It's free. They are performing today and Saturday and then next Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Saturday. I found as I was watching it I couldn't wait to see it again. I want to bring my children so they can experience it too.

It's a life changing portrayal of the love that Jesus has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment