Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Zech's Photography

“To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.” -- Elliott Erwitt

Zechariah is always asking to play with my phone. He has developed over the past few months a great appreciation for photographing the world around him as we go about our normal daily business. And I personally have found tremendous enjoyment in seeing the things he has chosen to capture!

It's fun to see everything from Zech's perspective...


A beautiful icy day
Zech watches these bars pass by from the protection of his stroller several times a week.
I think it was most interesting to see all the fake smiles put on for Zech. He always is requesting you to "SMILE" when he clicks the camera's button!
I found this one to be rather pretty. You can see the rain on the window if you look closely.

You can see Titus is reaching over trying to buckle Zech into his carseat...
This picture made me laugh out loud... biohazard-waste. Must be the Dr.'s Office.

This picture speaks so much to me. I believe the empty chair symbolizes to Zech how he desires to grow up and will no longer need those baby things.
I found this to be rather artistic. It reminds me of an ink blot test. What do you see?
He seems to get a lot of fulfillment out of self-portraits. They make up a large portion of his photos!
Like any good photographer, Zech takes many many photos, and is only sharing a select few, his favorite ones.
The Titus we so often see at home... sitting on the couch, working on his laptop.

I found this picture to be fascinating. Since the camera appears in the photo, he must be taking the picture of a mirror. By looking at the position of the chair in front of the wall, it appears like he might be using the television for the reflection. But it's so clear, that it seems like it can't be that. I'm just baffled!
"With our hands up high, we're screaming whoa whoa oh... whoa whoa oh ..."
When I showed this picture to Zech, he told me, "Mommy said no!"
I think I took this picture of Zech, and he took another picture of me sticking my tongue out.
Zech says, "Hmm... what can I photograph next?"

"There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer." -Ansel Adams

No comments:

Post a Comment