Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Decade Gone By

It's so hard to believe that 10 years ago today I married the man who made my life complete. At times it feels like it was only yesterday, but then I also know that we have been through so much together. I am eternally grateful that I found him. Titus came to me at a time when I was at my lowest, and together over the past 10 years, we have grown so much into the man and woman that God made us to be. He's been my other half, and has always been so encouraging and loving towards me. I'm glad to have him by my side. I know when we are together, we can face anything.

We composed these two poems for each other on our wedding day. They were written on the back of our program we handed out to all our guests. I thought it would be fun to see what they say.

Completion
To laugh and to cry is to live
People come and go all through time
How do you find the one for completion?

If I could only hear one word from your mouth
If only I could have one scent of your cologne
Just to have one moment in your arms
I would give up everything... to be with you.

Love can last for a lifetime
Love believes not in failure
Come see in my soul
See my desires become real.

You have fulfilled my every idea.
You have given me more than I dreamt possible.

God made us to join together
There is no one else I need
My dreams have become reality
Today I will marry, and become one with my love.

- Amanda


To Whom It May Concern

Here I am
Just in eyes, though sad you see
And if I fall behind
Will you please wait for me?

How could I ever lose sight
Of what might have been
Just moments before
It's far beyond me, just so you know.

'Cause all that I have ever wondered
Has fallen short of the light I see in your
Eyes so bright...
And scattered on the ground
Like grass that matters no more.

So I stand for now.
I will stand here till you make me move,
Because, at least by then, I know
I would be one with my love.


-Titus

I wish I had pictures of us together all through the years, but unfortunately we didn't get our picture taken very much in the beginning. We were starting our family, and the pictures all focus on us with our children, not just us as a couple. It wasn't until our 5th anniversary that I realized this. It was a good lesson to learn early on in our marriage. I think that the evidence was a lack of pictures, but it also depicted our relationship at that time. I would say that around 5 years we were able to place the focus back on the two of us, where it needed to be. You can see the change by the photos we took. They may have been taken at events where our children were the main focus, but we still took that special time to be a couple, a minute or two where we focused on each other. Always make time for each other!


For our 5th wedding anniversary we took our honeymoon we never got. We spent 10 days on a Caribbean cruise, visiting St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and the Bahamas. We decided then that we would always make time for each other, and were going to plan a big trip every 5 years. A cruise was in the plans for this year, however things come up, and we had to purchase a second car for Titus to drive.


Jesus loves me!


Our 8th wedding anniversary Titus took me to New York City to fulfill a dream of mine. I had always wanted to see Phantom of the Opera on Broadway!


Enjoying a beautiful snowfall while our kids played on the front lawn.






And today... on our 10th anniversary! We have a special trip planned in Kansas City to stay at the Chateau Avalon, another place I've always wanted to go. It may not be as fancy as a cruise, but it will be just as special because we'll be together!
"'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” Mark 10:7-9

No comments:

Post a Comment