Thursday, February 24, 2011

Through the Lens

I always enjoy reminiscing, and thought it would be fun to have a look from the view of a camera lens as my family has grown and changed over the years.

There aren't as many pictures from our earliest years together as digital cameras didn't gain popularity until Gabriel was a year old. I had to find pictures the old fashioned way and actually scan them in to the computer. It was very amusing and bittersweet to remember the kids when they were babies. That's not to say that I'm not enjoying the stage of life we are at right now, I just miss seeing those baby faces, and hearing their sweet voices.

March 17th, 2001
Almost 10 years ago...


Our first sweet little addition to the family was our beautiful, blonde hair, blue eyed, Ariel.


You probably can't tell, but in this picture we were almost a family of four. I was due to have our precious Gabriel in 3 months.

This was our first family of four photo taken right before Gabriel's first birthday.
I love these pictures as you can see some of the personality coming out. It's also particularly special to me as we are sitting on the front steps of our first house together. We really became a family there...

An Easter photo...

Our very first FAMILY photo! The others are fun to look at, but they just feel like someone special is missing... our handsome Zechariah!

I think it must have been a big adjustment having three children because these are taken an entire year apart.

Having fun with each other!

This was such a special time as we spent the weekend at a cabin in the woods.

Our first Graduation Luau!

I haven't included past photos, but every year we wear matching shirts for the 4th of July and pose together for a family picture. I made the tie-dye shirts the year before which is why Zech doesn't match. He outgrew his tiny baby onesie.

Another family photo to send out in the Christmas cards...

Just for fun...

This is actually our first "family" picture taken in front of our new house... only 5 years after we bought it.

2nd Graduation Luau

I love this! It was raining on the 4th, but that didn't stop us from taking our family picture!

Every 4th of July we bake a strawberry jello cake and take a group picture with it.

Titus is the "man in the yellow hat" here, and yes, those balloons are tied to my pants.

Another year gone by... my kids are growing up so quickly.

I had to include this one. Our latest family picture with Mario and Luigi!

"You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them." ~Desmond Tutu

No comments:

Post a Comment