Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things


Gabe and I just got home from a Christmas party at his 1st grade teacher's home. We all bundled up and sang a few Christmas carols to the neighbors, and then came back to Mrs. Johnson's house for some hot cocoa and cookies. It was a very fun, special experience.

On the drive back home, Gabe said to me as we were going along, "Mom. I was kinda surprised. Mrs. Johnson doesn't live on Teacher Street."

I tried not to laugh as I said to him, "Yes. You're right. Why did you think she would live on Teacher Street."

"Remember when we went to Mrs. Reese's house (Ariel's kindergarten teacher), she lived on Teacher Street with all the other kindergarten teachers, like Mrs. Brown."

After I pushed him a little further, he seems to remember very clearly there being a sign in front of Mrs. Reese's house that said "Teacher Street". I don't know if that's true. But I do know, I'm very impressed at his memory if it is. He was only three years old when he visited Mrs. Reese, almost four years ago now.

Mrs. Johnson reading "'Twas the Night Before Christmas"

No comments:

Post a Comment