Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2nd Annual Graduation Luau

I think one of my favorite parts of school getting out is the celebration! We love to party in this family. This is our second year doing our Graduation Luau, and I'm certain it won't be the last. Each year seems to get better and better! We started off the party with a few pictures of our graduates that we were recognizing.


Ariel completed the 3rd Grade!


Gabriel completed Kindergarten!


Mikaela graduated from 5th Grade!


We're very proud of all our graduates!
I'm certain everyone believes this about their family, but I've got to say my family is the most beautiful I've ever seen. It might just be through eyes of love that I say that, but I believe it with my whole heart.


After nine years of marriage, this man still holds my heart. All I have to do is just think about him, and my heart starts to beat a little faster. Or when I'm not with him, I get this little ache in my stomach because I miss him. I am so blessed by God to have found a love like this!

When everyone is dressed so fun, it's hard to resist lots of photos. Steffie is such a caring aunt to all my children and Mikaela. They love her a lot! Gabe wanted to be photographed giving a kiss to her hand because he loves her.


This year we decided we would add a BBQ to the party. We found a few fun recipes to try out. Our chicken kabobs were covered in a special BBQ and orange juice flavored sauce. Titus did an excellent job cooking them on the NEW grill we bought. We look forward to many more parties to come this summer!



Even Zech enjoyed the chicken kabobs!



Now the time we had all been waiting for... Graduation!
The ceremony started out with the Pledge of Allegiance led by Gabriel. He took his job very seriously, and was a little put off when his sister tried to say it with him. He didn't quite understand that she was allowed to join in.


Each year we have let the children take turns wowing us with their talents from the past school year. Ariel started off the show with some multiplication facts. Titus couldn't even come up with them fast enough for her! As you can see from the photo, she is quite proud of herself as she should be.


When Gabriel started off the school year, he had no interest in letters or numbers. As he has completed kindergarten, he is now a READER! He shared the story of Thanksgiving with us. We were all most impressed by his skills of public reading. He made sure to stop after each page and share the picture with all of us.


The graduation was a big success! We all enjoyed watching their talents, the special graduation video of things we've done the last year, and we were especially pleased to see them get their certificates. They each took turns receiving them, and always managed to shake hands with everyone in the audience. Even Zech wanted a certificate, which happened to be a piece of paper we quickly found on the ground. He eagerly showed it off too, while shaking hands with everyone. It was a night to remember!



The After Party
We roasted marshmallows and put up some icicle lights around the patio to help create the mood.


And they all lived Happily Ever After...

No comments:

Post a Comment